>> Tuesday, October 25, 2011
1 pc whole Crappie
1 tsp garlic
1 cup cooking oil
1 medium sized onion,chopped
1 thumbs ginger, cut into strips
1 cup water
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 small carrot, cut into strips
salt to taste
1. Fry the Crappie
2. Once the fish is fully cooked, remove from pan and set aside
3. Prepare the sauce
4. In a clean pan, saute the garlic, onion, carrots and ginger
5. Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes
6. Add the tomato paste and sugar then mix thoroughly
7. Add the cornstarch to thicken the sauce (make sure to dilute the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water before adding it in)
8. Put the Crappie in the sauce.
9. Serve hot.
*** My hubby says that it is now his new favorite Filipino dish that I ever served to him.